This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hadong Trip to See the Cherry Blossoms

On Saturday I was able to take a trip to a smaller city more out in the country where I could see the cherry blossoms. I went with some of the people from church. We took a train to the small city of Hadong. The train was packed with people and we had to stand because there were no seats to sit on.
This is the group of us at the train station in Hadong.
When we arrived we walked to the bus station because we had to take a bus to the village where the cherry blossom festival was taking place. We found that when we arrived the bus was packed with people and we had to wait for another hour to take the next bus. It was going to be one busy day for people because the weather was great and the cherry blossoms were out. When the next bus finally arrived we found ourselves standing again because the bus was packed with people. The bus ride was about a half an hour. We ended up getting off a little early because of the traffic going into the village was so crazy. So we walked into the village, which was about 15 minutes or so.
This is us walking across the bridge to get to the village.
Once we got to the village we stopped for some lunch. Then we made the long walk down to the next village a 4 km walk. I was tired to begin with because of getting up so early, but by the time we reached the next village I was exhaused. The walk was really nice though. We got many pictures and had lots of fun doing it.
The picture on the left is the street that we walked down to see the cherry blossoms. There were so many trees and so many cars. The traffic was crazy. It's a good thing that we walked.
The picture on the right is a very nice picture showing the mountains that are all around the area that we were walking.
The picture on the left is a picture that I thought was a very fun picture of some of the church friends that I was with.
The picture on the right is a picture idea that I thought would look really great and so I put it into existance and it turned out amazing. I'm very happy with this picture of me.
One last picture on the left was very cool when I saw it but didn't quite turn out when photographed, but you can see it a little. If you look closely you can see the cherry blossom pettals in the air just above the ground. The wind was blowing in a way that the pettals looked like a little tornado.
Once we got to the second village it was time to head back. I was so tired. We ended up waiting and hour for the bus because of the traffic. We actually did get to sit on this bus, which was nice, but other people had to stand because it was so full. The trip back to Hadong took over 2 hours because of the traffic. We had missed the last train by about and hour and a half. So we took the bus home. Overall, the day was a good day and I got great pictures and had fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger