This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, March 06, 2006

One of the More Stressful Days

So today was the first day that I got the kindergarten class. I was so nervous to teach them because they are so beginner in their English and they are so young. I went into the class hoping that they wouldn't cry. I heard that on Friday a couple of them cried in class because they missed their mothers. I didn't want this to happen in my class and luckily it didn't. Phew!
I'm not sure if they really learned anything, but maybe they learned how to make an 'Aa' and maybe they learned the word 'bed'. We did a little review of the words that they went over in the last class and I had them colour pictures of the words. I tried to ask them what their names were and they looked at me with big eyes. I thought they were going to cry, so I just left it at that. One of the Korean teachers came in and I told her about this and she asked them what their name was and there was hardly any problem...I think they are just nervous around me.
Anyways, this was my stressful time with them. I felt like I was walking on egg shells because I didn't know how much I could push them to learn something. Maybe next class will be a little better and I won't feel so stressed or nervous. I was told by the Korean teacher, who spoke with the children, later that they thought the class was funny. I guess it wasn't all that bad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rosalee!
I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking and praying for you. I hope you are doing well. I enjoy your updates. I really like your blog. You're dog is adorable! Take care, God's peace,
Colleen.

11:05 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger