This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Korean New Year

Well I made a post a little while ago talking about how I had these big plans for the Korean/Chinese New Year. My friend from Pyoungteak was supposed to come visit me for the long weekend. Then I get an e-mail a week before she is to come and she says that she doesn't want to travel on the weekend because she's nervous, this being her first big travel since arriving and because of the large amount of traffic. So she ended up not coming.
This left me with nothing to do for the weekend. So what did I do?
Well on Saturday I did my shopping, as the stores would be closed on Sunday and I didn't have much food in the house. Then I went to see the movie 'Chicken Little' with my Korean friends, Attack and another friend (who's name I can't remember right now). It was a good movie, pretty funny. Then I ate dinner with Attack at KFC.
Sunday I went to church early, as I was supposed to have a meeting with Johnny, the leader of the English service to go over the songs for this up coming week. He ended up not being able to print the songs, so we just went out to lunch with his wife and their baby. We had McDonald's. Then it was time for service. The church wasn't so full because of it being a big holiday, but the service was good.
Monday I did absolutely nothing.
I was hoping to have a really fun weekend, and it turned out to be pretty boring.
A little end note: Amanda, my friend from Pyoungteak, is coming this weekend. Hopefully we will have the time to do everything we want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger