This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, December 26, 2005

New Edition to My House

One thing in Korea that is interesting is how large items (couches, chairs, cabinets, etc.) are disposed of. When Koreans don't want something in their house they just put it out to the side of the street. Usually they have to go to the city hall and get a special sticker to put on it to have it picked up. The thing is that if you want something you can just take it. People throw away really nice cabinets and shelfs all the time and I had been looking for a new cabinet for my house because I lack shelving and space. So I had to find the right one to fit into my house.
The opportunity came along one day a couple of weeks ago when I found the perfect cabinet for my house. Just to make sure I was allowed to just take something I consulted my director and was told it was okay to take it. So that night after teaching, I went and got the cabinet. It was a heavy cabinet, let me tell you, and I had to carry it to my house by myself, as there were no people around to help me. I carried it about 100 feet or so to my house and it took about 15 minutes to get it to my house because it was so heavy.
Anyways, after I got it all cleaned up and moved things so it could go into it's place, it actually looked great. I was so surprised that it fit so well into my house and made things look great.
This is my new cabinet all set up with my Christmas tree. It's so perfect for my house.
The only thing about the cabinet is that it has windows on the doors and when Snowball walks by it and catches her reflection she gets a little angry. It's sometimes very funny, but mostly annoying because she can't calm down for a while afte she sees herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger