This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Activity Day at School

So every month, or almost every month, we have a day of activity for the students. Some of the things that we have done are a games day, a movie day, and a food day. This activity day was a food day. We decided that we were going to make pancakes with the students. It was going to be on the last Friday of the month of November.
The only problem with the whole thing was that we didn't have a proper recipe for making the pancakes. I only found this out the day that we were making the pancakes or else I would have found a recipe on the internet. Anyways, it was trial and error for the first few classes. I had the first class of our youngest and lowest level students. It went okay, but there wasn't enough sugar added and not enough milk. The students enjoyed them all the same though.
This is the youngest and lowest level class enjoying their pancakes.
The second class that I made pancakes with were older and a higher level of English. We changed the recipe a little, but since the class was bigger it still didn't have enough milk and it took a long time to sift the four because there was so much of it and the sifter was not very good. The students had a good time with it though.
This is the second class, that I made pancakes with, mixing the batter for the pancakes.
The last class that I made pancakes with, we had mastered the recipe. We joined two classes together and so it was a little easier to do things. The students really enjoyed this batch.
This is the third class, that I made pancakes with, cooking the pancakes.
All in all the day was successful and the students had fun and made a mess with their toppings. I had brought in some real maple syrup that I had found at a grocery store on one of my trips outside the city. I think that they enjoyed it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rosalee, I really enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures. The children look like they are really have a great time. I should send pancake mix and syrup to you since you cannot get it there. I will try to remember. Keep up the great job. Merry XMass. Love Mom

6:59 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parabens, eu gostei das fotos! É sempre muito bom ler a ouvir que voce está indo bem.

Seu amigo

Tony

12:17 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger