This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Being Sick is Not Fun: Part 2

So here I am, still home sick. It's day 3 and I'm going stir crazy not being able to work or go out of the house. I've been to the doctors 3 days and I still have to go back tomorrow to get checked out. I think I will have been to the doctors almost as many times this month as I've gone in the past year and 3 1/2 months that I've been in Korea.
So the doctor says I have asthmatic bronchitis, croup, and some allergy to something. Who would have thought that a cold would turn into all this... The combination of coughing and not being able to breathe after is very tiring. Last night I had a coughing fit that lasted about 20 minutes and the only thing that calmed it down was finding some Halls that I had brought from Canada.
I've taken pills, cough syrup, and a puffer and as of Wednesday night, tonight, I'm feeling a little better and the coughing is not as bad. Yesterday after getting new medicine from the doctor, my stomache started to feel funny, not settled, but not painful and I was very shaky. I wonder if it's because of all the medicine I've been taking, like my body doesn't like it...
Well I think tomorrow the doctor will say that I can go back to work. I probably would have gone today, but the doctor said one more day. I feel bad for my co-workers, who have my classes to teach on top of their classes. I really hope I can go tomorrow for two reasons, one I'm out of sick days, today was my thrid sick day, and I don't want my co-workers to get over worked with taking over my classes. We shall have to see what tomorrow brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger