This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Prayer Requests Update

I would like to update my prayer request list while I have the time to do so.
First, I would like prayer for my teaching. I don't want to be dull in what I teach and I want to make sure I continue to be a good Christian witness to my students and co-workers through my actions, if not through my words. I would also like inspiration for new teaching ideas that will make my lessons fun and interesting. I don't want to be boring. Also while you pray for that can you also pray for the students to respect me and behave in class. Sometimes they can be a hand full.
Second, I would like prayer for an English service that I can attend. I haven't found one yet, but I also haven't been looking too far because I found a church that is smaller than the other one and there are many Koreans who speak English. However, it's still not the same having someone translate the service into English and actually understanding things for myself.
Third, I would like prayer for the English Bible study. I have become discouraged and have stopped it because there are no foreigners and the Koreans don't like to open up when we discuss things. I would like it to keep going, but I need more foreigners or I need the Koreans to open up to the discussion and feel free to share things.
Fourth, I would like prayer for a good Christian who I can become friends with to come to Jinju. It can be very lonely on the weekends with nothing to do by myself.
Fifth, I would like prayer for saftey and health while I'm here in Korea. You never know what could happen.
Thanks for your prayers so far and thank you for the prayers of the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger