This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

House Comparison

I've been meaning to compare my previous house and the house that I'm in now, but haven't really had the time until now.
Well let's start with my previous house. To me it was small. It consisted of one room and the bathroom/laundry room. Let's start at the door. When you walk in the door there was my kitchen and the coat rack in a little 'hall.' I had a two burner gas stove to cook on. There were cupboards for food and under the sink were the pots and pans.
This is the kitchen area of my previous house looking in from the main area.
From there was the main room. The main room was my living room/bedroom/dining room combination. It had a bed, television/VCR combo, a little folding table, the small fridge, and a large dresser. There was the biggest picture window that could possibly be put into the room, with bars (because I was on ground level), and a fence that went up half of the window so no one could see in. The house didn't come with curtains, so I had to buy some because the sun shone in my window very early in the morning.
This is the main living area at my previous house looking in from the door.
Then there was my bathroom. The smallest one I've ever been in. In it was the washing machine, that took up one quarter of the bathroom, literally. As you can see it was a small bathroom. My shower was connected to the sink and I had to shower between the toilet and the washing machine. The water drained in the middle of the floor. When I did laundry my bathroom would flood with about an inch and a half of water because it too drained into the bathroom. So that was my previous house looking in from the main area.
This is the bathroom from my previous house.
My current house is a little bigger, at least I think so. When I got there, there was a lack of shelfs. I bought two of them to put things on, one by the door for the toaster oven, rice maker, and Snowball's things. I had bought 2 others for the last house so they fit in nicely. This house is 3 rooms. There is the kitchen/living room/dining room/bedroom, the bathroom, and laundry room. Starting at the door, when you walk in you see the kitchen area. There is a two burner gas stove, at first there was only a one burner gas stove. Under the sink is still the pots and pans. There is a drying shelf beside this area. There is the fridge, a larger one than the last house, on one side.
This is the kitchen area in my current house looking from the main area.
Then there is the main area. I have a television, VCR, and my DVD player (from Canada). The bed, a dresser, and a coat rack with all my clothes. I have a folding table, that I bought also. There is a shelf that has all my movies on it too.
This is the main area of my current house looking in from the kitchen/door area.
The bathroom is bigger than the last one, but it's still small. The shower still comes from the sink, but it doesn't flood when I do the laundry. It's nice to have a window also in the bathroom. At the previous house there was no window, only a fan and the bathroom took forever to dry.
This is the bathroom in my current house looking in from the door/kitchen area.
The laundry room is small, but that's okay, at least it's a laundry room that doesn't flood my bathroom. Both houses I've had to hang a line across the room so I can hang up laundry. I have a drying rack, but it only holds so much.
This is my laundry room in my current house looking in from the bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger