This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Free Stuff With Purchase: 'Service'

One thing that I found out early when coming to Korea is the vast amount of free things that you can get when you buy at certain stores. I have gone into places where you can buy facial cleansers and makeup and the such and when you pay for your things you get free samples or if you buy more you can get extra free things. Some of the things that I have got for free are a makeup bag, creams, cleaning pads for you face, a cell phone key chain mirror, and a beach bag. I have quite the collection of things to send to Brazil to my missionary friend, Debbie who I worked with when I did ministry there.
Not only do the facial stores give stuff away, but also the pet stores. When I bought Snowball I was given a leash, dog treats, and dog toys. Every time I buy an outfit for her I'm given a bag of dog treats. Each time I leave her at the pet hotel they give her some special food. Even if I buy a bag of treats for Snowball I'm given an extra bag of treats. It's quite nice of them, but now I have so many extra treats and Snowball will get fat.
Also when I go to the movies I'm given a scratch ticket that I can get 1000 won (or the equivelant of $1) off on my next movie. Even if I give them a coupon, they will give me another and it's always the same discount. It's nice, when you go to the movies each week.
Another place that you get free things is when you go to the Christian book store to buy something. The man there usually will give me a pad of paper or a little stack of song cards, not that I can read them, but it's a nice gesture.
Even when a student comes to my school new, if they are young, they are given a backpack for their books. On children's day everyone was given a t-shirt with the school logo on it.
So most places that you go you can get something for free. It's quite nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rosalee, Your Webb site is looking really good. I try to look at it each day to see what you have new to say. I really enjoy your pictures. Can you send me some of the ones from your trip from China? Have a great day. Love Mom.

10:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger