This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Cell Phones: Also Known as 'Hand Phones' by Koreans

Cell phones are a must in Korea, or so it seems. Everywhere I go someone has a cell phone or is talking on one. I thought that it was bad in Canada, but here it's 10x worse.
I do have to say that the cell phones here are very high tech. I have not seen a phone that could do as much as the phones here. There are cell phones that do the normal calling and internet access, but there are also ones that do pictures and actually are a digital camera and the size of a small camera. They have phones that are small, that you can fit in the palm of your hand, half the size of a cell phone. There are others that are very thin, maybe about 1 cm in width. There are some that download music and become an MP3 player and there are also cell phones that you can get that have a wireless ear piece so that you can be across the room and answer your phone by a touch of a button on the ear piece.
Not only are there cell phones, but there are many attachments that you can add to your cell phone to make it more interesting. Some of the things are cell phone covers, that come in all kinds of designs, and others are little key chain like figures that you can get in anything.
The cell phone companies also have certain deals that you can get. One of them is to have a land line set up to your cell phone so that if you don't answer your land line phone the call is transfered to the cell phone. It's quite interesting.
Commercials on tv are quite amusing and catch your attention right away. There are celebrities who are used on the commercials to promote all the different things that cell phones do and all the newest types that come out onto the market. I think of all the commercials that I watch the cell phone commercials are the ones that I understand the most, besides the beauty products. You really don't need to understand what is being said when actions speak everything on the commercials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger