This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Weekends

I have to say that when you don't have anyone to hang out with on weekends they can get very boring. A usual Saturday would consist of waking up late and then calling Susan to see what she is up to for the day. What would follow would be to get together with her later in the day and go shopping or catch a movie. After that it would be time to go home. A usual Sunday would consist of getting up and getting ready for church, catching a taxi to church or walking, depending on how early I get started. Sitting through a service that is translated for me by Ok hee, maybe staying for lunch or heading home after service. After that would be a rest until it's time to head out for Bible study. Bible study lasts about 1 hour and then going out with Susan for supper and possibly a movie, if we didn't watch one the day before. Then it's time to go home.
However, this schedule changes if Susan and I decide we want a change of scenery and we go to Masan or Busan for the day. Then Saturday becomes an early morning and a bus ride to wherever we go.
Without Susan here in Korea and no other foreigner friends in the city, weekends are boring and all I do is sit home and watch tv. There really is nothing to do. I don't like to go to the movies alone and who wants to travel all by themselves. It's not as fun as sharing the experience with someone. I just hope that there is a friend who comes along soon so I don't have to stay too many weekends alone in my house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rosalee, I hope you are able to meet a new friend real soon so you will be able to hang out and do new things together. Hang in there. I am now counting the months when you will be home again. Take care Love Mom.

10:47 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger