This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Jinju Lantern Festival 2005 Part 2

Well the Lantern Festival came to a close on Tuesday this week. I was able to go to it 2 more times to take pictures and hang out with friends. The first time I was able to go with Sonja and some other foreign friends and the second time was with some of the church friends again. It was nice and I was able to get some nice pictures. With Sonja I was able to walk across the floating bridge again, only this time coming from the opposit side.
This is the floating bridge going to the opposite side of where the Jinju Castle is.
I was able to snap a picture while walking on the floating bridge. It was difficult because the bridge was moving and people were walking in front of me.
These are the lanterns looking out from the floating bridge. It's a little blurry because the bridge is moving and it's hard to hold the camera still.
I was also able to get a nice picture of the Jinju Castle.
This is the Jinju Castle.
When I was with the church friends I was able to walk along the road bridge and get some good pictures from there of the whole festival and the castle.
This is overlooking the whole Lantern Festival. The Jinju Castle is on the right and the floating bridge goes across the picture.
Other than walking along the river I played a game of throw the dart at the balloon. I was able to win a cute monkey stuffed animal. The church friends that I were with won a flashlight at a bebe gun game and a cell phone key chain at a throw the ball at the cans.
Each time that I went to the festival I had a fun time, even though it was very busy with so many people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger