This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Extent of My Korean Vocabulary

So, maybe some of you are wondering how much Korean I really do know. It's actually not all that much, just a hand full of words. I will try to spell them out like how they are said because Korean does not have a Roman alphabet. So here is goes:
anyo-ha-say-oh = hello
anyo = hi (infomal and used with little children)
come-some-e-da = thank you
ju-say-oh = give me (please)
yogi = here
yogi-oh = person here
bon-tu = bag
bon-gee = plastic bag
a-pro = ahead or go forward
ch-in-go = friend
who-moon = back gate
ill = one
ee = two
sum = three
saw = four
oh = five
you = six
chill = seven
par = eight
gu = nine
gong = zero
maun = ten thousand
awl-my-ay-oh? (I think) = how much is it?
ju-gay = eraser
ba-bo = crazy
ka-ja = let's go
awe-saw! = alright!, great!
oh-ma = mother
awe-pa = father
way-gh-day?! = what's the matter?! or what's wrong?!
ta-na-ha-gee = of course, that's right
So that is pretty much the extent of my Korean words besides some food words and places.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow lol some of those are funny to say lol anyways i love the blog its really informative keep it up anyways ttul have fun god bless

12:39 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rosalee its me Arnold ^^
I learned some Mandarin ... don't know if that is what they speak over there. But this is what I learned
Ni Hao Ma = hi how are you
Ni Zai Ma = hi are you there?
(I think that is what they mean)
999= help
8= impolite goodbye
88= polite goodbye
555= cry (cause 5 sounds like the word cry)
420 = hate, or hate you
520 = love or love you
5201314= love forever
The numbers come from a language that some of the Korean gamers use in-game so they don't have to type it out.

9:28 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger