This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Some Fun Korean Links

So I got a little bored and checked out the Yahoo children's site for Korea. I had seen the director's son playing games and watching little videos at the school, so I decided to check it out and find some links for you to check out. They are a little funny, a little cheezy, but they are Korean and it's a way that you can look into some of what the children's songs are like.
The first one is the frog song. This song I actually first heard on a commercial for cosmetics. I thought it was cute. I didn't know what it was all about, but I found out later that it was about a tadpole turning into a frog. http://kr.fun.kids.yahoo.com/comicsong/cs74.html
The next one is kind of a commercial for a drink that you can buy to help boost your fiber. The drink isn't all that bad, it actually tastes like a very strong juice. Check it out. http://kr.fun.kids.yahoo.com/comicsong/cs66.html
The next link that I have found is one for a food that is called kim-bob. Kim-bob is a rice roll that has fake crab stick, some vegetable, sometimes fish or it can also be some other meat. Then the outside, to hold it all toegther, is a piece of seaweed paper. I can't eat it because it makes my stomach upset, but it is a very popular lunch, snack, or picnic food. http://kr.fun.kids.yahoo.com/comicsong/cs28.html
The next link is for rice, Korean bob. Rice is the potato of Korea. It's eaten with every meal; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. http://kr.fun.kids.yahoo.com/comicsong/cs40.html
The last link is for dog soup vs. chicken soup, or at least that's what I get from watching it. Yes, Koreans eat dog, but it's not the cute dogs that you have as pets, they are the K-9 dogs. Also, just a little note, Koreans don't eat dog soup all the time. It's something that they eat every once in a while and not everyone eats it. Chicken soup is a very popular autum food. They take a whole chicken (a very small one) and they stuff it with rice and some spices and boil it. It's really tasty. Anyways, here's the link. http://kr.fun.kids.yahoo.com/comicsong/cs29.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger