This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Young Adults Fun Night

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to hang out with the young adults group after church. They were having a special social event where we were going to a buffet and then bowling. I agreed to go, not really thinking everything through, but just thinking it would be fun to hang out.
First we loaded on to a bus, which there were more people than there were seats, but that was okay, and we headed off to the buffet. This is what I didn't think through. I thought, 'Oh it's a buffet. There will be all kinds of food.' However, it was a Korean buffet. Most of the food that was there I couldn't eat because it was spicey, fish, or seafood. I did find a little bit of food to eat, but I was a little disappointed. I had some good conversations with my friends Attack and Sue Ah. I was also able to meet a couple of new people also.
After dinner we got on the bus again and went to the bowling alley. This I also didn't think through because when I think bowling, I think 5 pin and a small ball, but this was going to be 10 pin and the big ball. I had only bowled 10 pin one other time and I knew I was bad because I am not able to roll the big ball as well. I told this to Attack, who asked if I would be on his team. He said it was okay.
So we bowled. At first I did okay and I ended up with a score of 68 on the first round. My other team members did really good and a few of them were able to get a couple of strikes in a row.
This is Attack bowling, trying to get a spare.
However, on the second round I did horrible. I was feeling tired and my arm was getting sore from the weight of the ball, I only scored 40.
I was told after that there were prizes for the best and worst scores for both rounds. I ended up getting the worst score for the second round and was rewarded with a cute money bank. Other people were also given different prizes for various things and everyone was able to get a prize by the end of the giving. I thought it was very nice.
This is my team that I played with. The team was actually bigger, but was split in half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger