This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Snow

Excitment filled my school today as children came in to class telling all the teachers that it was snowing outside. It was very exciting for the students and also for me. It lasted only for about 2 hours or so on and off and it only dusted the ground, but it was great! As I write this there are very small traces on the ground and on some cars left, but there is still a little snow. The thing is that Jinju doesn't get snow. I was told that the last time that it really snowed in Jinju there was a couple of inches on the ground and it was bitter cold, this was about 3 years or so ago. So when it snows in Jinju it's quite the thing.
I have to say that it doesn't seem like a true winter without seeing snow on the ground. I actually feel it's really winter now that I've seen some snow. I would really like to see lots of snow on the ground, maybe about half a foot or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

I know what you mean about it not feeling like winter when everything's still green. It doesn't really snow in Taiwan except in a few places that have really high elevation. When that happens it's all over the news, and people flock there to take pictures.

8:53 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger