This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Activities with My Classes

So, the month of December has been filled with little projects that I've done with some of my classes. The first one was banana splits with the class that I used to have a hard time getting to talk. The text that I am using had an article on different kinds of banana recipes and I asked the students which one they would like to try, they said the banana split. So the next class I got everything together and we made banana splits. A bunch of the students actually didn't come the day we made the banana splits, which was a little disappointing, but okay because all the more for the students who were there.
This is the class enjoying their banana splits.
Another activity that I was able to do with the students was to make airplanes. In their text book they had to make an airplane and I made it into a little contest to see whose airplane would drop the fastest and whose would drop the slowest. The students, a low level class, enjoyed making the planes. I took them outside the class to the stairs and I had them drop their planes down the stairs to see whose would be the fastest and slowest. It was a good lesson for them.
This is two of the boys experimenting, in the class, with their airplanes.
The last activity that I did this month was a Christmas activity on the Friday before Christmas. With my elementry students I taught them 2 Christmas carols and then we made Christmas cards. I taught them Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. They had never heard Frosty the Snowman before, so it was a little difficult for them. They enjoyed the songs all the same. The Christmas cards that the students made were really good. They have a great imagination.
This is some of the girls making Christmas cards for their family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger