This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, December 26, 2005

The Opportunity

In my Christmas post I talked about how my friend, Johnny, had to talk to me over lunch. Well what we talked about is the up coming ministry at the church. He asked if I would help him with the English service for the teens. I told him I could help as much as possible, but I'm not a pastor and can't do preaching, but can give a little message from time to time if needed. I was told that he wanted to get the teens interested in English through learning about God. I thought that was really cool because that is pretty much what God has called me to do.
So we talked a little about what would happen and when the services would be. Johnny would like to have me help with the pronunciation of the English service, to make sure that what is said is good English and that the way that it is said is right. He wants to try and use quiz games as a way to get the teens speaking. There will be worship songs sung in English and the sermon will be spoken in English. I think it will be good for the teens and also for me because then I can be involved in the church and also get some English service out of it.
So starting, hopefully, February we will have English services 2 times a month, the first and third Sundays of the month.
Please pray that all goes well and that I can help in any way that I can without getting burned out between teaching at school and helping with the English service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger