This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Alphabet Fun With the Kindergarten Class

This week I was able to have some fun with the K class. The director's wife decided it was time to have fun with play dough. So we made some homemade play dough from flour, water, oil, and salt. We added grape juice to make a purple colour, hot chocolate powder to make a brown colour, and green tea powder mix to make a green colour. The students thought it was fun and also funny. Then I had them make different letters of the alphabet. It was good fun for them and they enjoyed playing with the homemade play dough.
On the left is Min Jae with his letter A. This is the director's son. He makes me nervous at times because I don't know what he tells his parents about the class. I always hope that he says good things about the class because I wouldn't want to get into any trouble. He also doesn't have the ability to sit still for very long, so it's a constant struggle to get him to focus on what we are doing in class.
On the right is Min Jin with her letter B. This is a new girl to class as of this week because one of the boys told his mother that he was bored in class and wanted to do something else so he left. She is very quiet and a little shy, but I think she won't be for long.
On the left, below Min Jae, is Joung In with her letter B. This was the girl who cried the first time she saw me. Her mother said that she was scared of foreigners. Now she is used to having me around and she likes to play little games with me and show me things.
On the right, below Min Jin, is Sang Min with his letter B. This boy is a little trouble maker at times. At times he makes little Joung In cry because he teases her. He is just full of mischief and you can see it in his eyes when you look at him. I have to keep my eye on him because of this.
On the left, below Joung In, is Gyoung Min with her letter B. This girl is so smart, but she is very quiet and I can hardly hear her at times. It's also hard to get her to smile, but when she does she is so pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger