This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

A New Friend

I should have posted this one 2 weeks ago when I met my new friend, but it just occured to me now to post it. Two weeks ago I got a phone call from my friend, Young Ho. I had not spoke with him in such a long time because I changed churches and he also has been busy with his new wife. Anyways, he called me up to ask if I would like to meet a new foreigner. I said sure because since Susan left in August I haven't had any foreign friends. So that day I went to meet this new girl, Naomi, at E-Mart.
Apparently she was in Seoul teaching, but had a really bad experience with her director, worse than I had, and quit. However, she didn't have any money because she ended up having to pay back a whole bunch of money to this director, so she needed to find another job. She found one here in Jinju and has been here for now 1 month. She's having a better time now with this new teaching job.
So we went out to a coffee house and chatted. She's a very nice girl from Ireland. She goes to church, but I'm not really sure of where her relationship stands with God because she grew up in the Catholic church and going to a Catholic school. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Catholic church, it's just that she refers to Christianity as 'religion' or she refers to me as a 'religious person' not as a Christian. I'm not sure that she has a personal relationship with God, but I'm sure I'll find that out as I get to know her more and hang out with her on weekends. She did ask me how to find a verse in the Bible, which I was happy to help her do. I hope that we are able to have more chats about God and if she doesn't have a personal relationship with God, maybe God will use me to help her to have a personal relationship with Him. Please pray for this and for me.
Anyways, it's nice to have someone I can call up on the weekends to do things with, who speaks fluent English. There is nothing wrong with calling up my Korean friends, but it's not the same as speaking with a fellow 'foreigner'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger