This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Sangju Beach

For my last free weekend in Korea, I went to the beach with a bunch of friends. It was nice to get away from things and since it's been stinkin' hot here, it was nice to go somewhere to cool off. I didn't want to go to a really busy beach so my Korean friends said we should go to Sangju Beach. It was to be a 2 hour bus ride from Jinju, but that was okay. I had made arrangements to meet another friend, Sonja, another foreigner from Masan, at the beach. So we set off on an adventure of getting to the beach on the bus. It was pretty crowded and Soa and I ended up sitting on the floor of the bus.
Anyways, we got to the beach and ate some lunch. After lunch we went to the beach and stayed there until about 6.
This is me and the sign going toward the beach.
It was a very nice beach, not too many people, but not too few. We wanted to rent an umbrella, but there weren't any available.
The sand was nice and soft, but crazy hot.
Here's me at the beach.
After going swimming for a little bit I decided it was time to rent an inner tube to float around on. For $5 you can rent an inner tube for the day. It is great. Finally Sonja arrived with one of her friends. His name is Mostaffa and he's from Iran. He's been living in Korea for 7 years.
So we swam, floated, and had fun for the day at the beach.
On the left is everyone, accept Mostaffa.
On the right is Soa, me, and Sonja. Funny story about this picture...Every time Mostaffa tried to take the picture a wave would come and carry my tube toward the shore causing Soa and Sonja to loose balance. It was so funny that we couldn't take a real serious picture.
After we finished at the beach, Mostaffa was nice enough to offer us a ride back to Jinju. On the way home we stopped for dinner at Lotteria.
On the left is the group of us chowing down at Lotteria.
Also on the way home we were able to capture the sun setting over the water and the mountains. It was very beautiful!
On the right is the beautiful sunset. We took it while driving in the car. Turned out really good for a moving picture.
So that was my trip to the beach...My final trip while here in Korea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slave of God said...

i went to sangju for my final trip in korea my first time around too. not a bad way to end a good time.

12:45 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger