This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Last English Worship Service

This post is a little late in being posted, but I have some spare time before I leave Korea for good. About 3 weeks ago I had my last English worship service at the church. It was difficult to be there and know that it was the last time I would be doing the service.
Anyways, the service went well. We did some worship songs.
Here we are singing. Me, Johnny, and Soa. Yes, I'm actually singing in front of people into a mic. But don't get any ideas, I won't be doing that when I get back to Canada.
We also did a quiz game with the youth. It's almost like Taboo, the same sort of idea.
Here we are playing the quiz show. The winning team got some snacks to eat.
After that we had the service and the pastor spoke. Of course it wasn't in English.
This is the youth pastor giving his message.
After the sermon and some talking about announcemnets they gave me a present for helping, sang the blessing song, and then prayed over me. It was very nice of them.
Here the youth are singing the blessing song for me.
The gift that they gave to me was a fairly big ceramic piece. It's of a man and a woman, dressed in traditional Korean clothes, and there's a heart between them with Korean writing on it. I will have someone translate it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger