This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Week With Char

So after a long weekend in Seoul, Char came home with me to Jinju. We spent the first 3 days going out for lunch/dinner, seeing Jinju, and going to my classes. Monday morning we pretty much just rested because of the crazy weekend. We went out for lunch, Char had sushi and I had a chicken cutlet. Monday night I had invited a bunch of my Korean friends to join us for dinner after I finished work. We went to have some Korean food. It was a dish of bones (with meat on them), noodles, vegetables, and rice cakes in a soupy sauce. It was good, but a little too spicy for me.
On the left is the dinner that we ate. It looks worse than it actually tastes.
After dinner we went out for coffee/dessert at a coffee house. It was nice to just relax and enjoy everyone's company. Char and I shared an ice/milk/fruit/ice cream dessert. It was nice, but they put the red beans in it and weren't supposed to.
On the right is the group of us enjoying our dessert.
On Tuesday morning I took Char to the Jinju Castle with Soa, my co-worker. We walked around the Castle and went to the museum.
Here is Char and I at the Castle with a cannon.
After the Castle we went out for lunch together. We at galbi and sum-gulp-sol. It was very nice.
Wednesday we went downtown Jinju to look around and ate soup for lunch. It's called beef bone soup. It has noodles, rice, beef, and spring onions. It's so nice.
Here is Char with her soup.
Classes for Char and I were a question answer session for the most part. The week before Char came I had the students think up some questions to ask Char. I didn't tell them anything about her, so they had to make up all the questions to find out about her. So when Char came into class I had all the questions typed up and they were to choose 4-5 questions that they wanted to ask her. After the students asked Char questions, it was time for Char to ask them 2-3 questions. I think it was a really good experience for the students.
On Thursday and Friday Char and I went to Busan, as I had those two days off of work. We stayed at a hotel for the night so we didn't have to travel back and forth to Busan. Thursday after arriving at the hotel, we went out for lunch. We were going to go to TGI Friday's, but for some reason we were ignored in the waiting list, so we went to Bennighan's instead. It was nice. After that we went to the beach. It was the perfect beach day. Not a lot of people, sun shinning, and cool water. The sea was actually a little cold at first, but once you were in it was good.
On the left is me.
On the right is Char testing the water...It's just a little cold!
As I was walking in the water I saw 3 jellyfish. One almost touched me, but I don't think I would have been stung by them because they were just little. After a little fun in the water, we sun bathed for a while. It was nice to get out in the sun. It was my first time really being out in the sun.
After sun bathing, we went back to the hotel to wash off the salt water and change. Then we went to the aquarium. It was nice.
On the left is Char and a huge fish that was just sitting there.
On the right is me and a shark.
After the aquarium we went back to the hotel room to rest for a while after getting Starbucks. After resting we went out shopping for a while. It was nice to just look around. I bought a pair of running shoes for really cheap.
after returning to the hotel, we went to use the free internet.
The next day we checked out of the hotel and went for lunch at TGI Friday's. Then took the subway to the shopping area of Busan. We put our stuff in a locker and went shopping and looking around. It was nice. I bought a watch, 2 pairs of sandels, and a shirt. After a couple of hours it was time to leave. We took the subway to the bus station and were on our way home to Jinju. It was nice to be back home again.
Saturday we were up early to take the bus to Seoul. We missed the 9:00 bus by like 2 minutes and had to wait for the 9:20 bus. Once in Seoul we had a hard time finding the airport limo and by the time we found it, it was time for Char to get going. What a rushed day. I elft for Jinju right after Char left for the airport.
All in all, it was nice to have someone around for the week. I hope that Char had as good of a time as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger