This Blog is dedicated to telling people about what I am doing in South Korea with my teaching and about my experiences with being here. It is also to tell people back home in Canada what God is doing through me while I'm here.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First Tropical Storm of the Summer

As some of you know, Korea had a tropical storm that passed through here yesterday. There had been talk of a typhoon earlier in the week coming toward Japan, but it turned toward Korea and became a tropical storm.
I woke up early Monday morning to the sound of pouring rain. I went back to sleep, seeing as though I had a couple of hours before I had to get up and get ready for the day. When I woke up, the weather was the same, sometimes the rain came harder than others, but I had no problem with that because I was in my house. I got ready for the day. Around lunch time the wind started to pick up, but it wasn't anything too bad, as I was still in my house. As time got closer to when I was to go to work, I got a phone call saying that work was closed for the day because of the weather. I thought this was nice because then I didn't have to go out of the house, as the weather was still pretty bad, lots of rain and wind.
So I stayed in the house all day with nothing to do. It was nice to have the day off, but I had absolutely nothing to do and no one to talk to. There was also nothing on TV. The wind calmed down and the rain stopped around mid-afternoon. It was nice to have things quiet again, as the rain was really noisy. I ventured outside for a breif time. The wind was a little strong, but nothing that I haven't felt before on a windy day here. There was a crazy amount of humidity and the air was surprisingly warm.
That was the tropical storm. It really wasn't of any worry to me. In my first 6 months of being in Korea the first time I experienced part of a typhoon and that was crazier than this tropical storm. So for all of those who were worried about me, everything is good, no worries. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The WeatherPixie
  • Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

  • Yahoo! Avatars

    Powered by Blogger